Volkswagen Says HMT-1 Solution Creating Trust and Transparency with Automotive Customers
Volkswagen Master Technicians Join a Team of Techs Virtually Thanks to RealWear HMT-1 Wearable Head-mounted Rugged Computer
BusinessCar and TechTarget reported on automotive company Volkswagen’s trial with RealWear. Here’s what you need to know:
- Master technicians no longer need to travel, conduct personal visits or rely on standard telediagnosis machinery with limited abilities to look under the hood.
- Technicians feel relieved. “It’s like having another master technician in the dealership,” and can “relieve [a customer] through a stressful time.”
- Offsite fleet managers or remote technicians can point, touch and even use the HMT-1s to virtually highlight specific areas of the vehicle.
- RealWear frees Volkswagen’s onsite technician’s hands to work on the vehicles
- Volkswagen Commercial Vehicle’s remote technicians can see what the onsite technician sees.
- Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles said the computers are “rough and ready.”
- The HMT-1 system “blanks out the other noises” so you can hear the other technician clearly.
- The sound quality was “clear enough for experienced technicians to remotely diagnose faults by listening to noises via the feed.”
- The experience has created more trust and transparency.
- Eventually, all the van centers will be outfitted with the headsets
- The noise cancellation feature works well in a loud environment